Monday 21 June 2010

Phew!

The vast majority of things I (we?) worry about do not come to pass. Never once have I discovered, on checking for the twenty-seventh time, that it turns out I did leave the gas on, the back door unlocked, the iron plugged in.

And, of course, the SfEP lunch was not the trial by fire that I had feared it might be, but an extremely pleasant afternoon with a group of warm, witty people who were more than happy to share their experiences and offer practical advice. I was particularly interested to hear about the SfEP mentoring scheme ~ sounds like the perfect bridge between hypothetical training exercises and 'real life' proofreading work. A lovely lunch, a rare baby-free half-day for me (the first ever, no less) and lots of lovely motivation. Can't wait for the next one.

Here's hoping that the current over-riding fear in my life ~ baby G's first sessions at Montessori nursery ~ aren't as awful as I'm anticipating they'll be....

No comments:

Post a Comment